The Compagnie is a small and independent company that emerged in 2013. The airline only makes flights to and from London, Paris, and Newark (New Jersey). Its bet is to offer flights exclusively in business class. It has two B757-200 aircraft in its fleet and will incorporate a pair of A321 NEO aircraft for its routes from Paris to Newark (near New York) and Nice.
In La Compagnie airplanes there is no economic class, nor economic premium. They only have 74 seats in business, distributed in 19 rows of two seats each. As a comparison, an aircraft with these characteristics usually has 230 seats in the economic category.
The experience of flying an airplane that only has business class
- The seats have a space between them of 157.5 centimeters, with an extension of 118 centimeters and a width of 66 centimeters.
- These have a reading lamp, rooms for personal and electronic equipment, headphones that isolate exterior sounds, a wallet for storing documents, anti allergen pillows, premium blankets and a kit of amenities from the brand “Caudalíe“.
- The cabin is illuminated with led lights to relax the passengers as the hours go by.
- In addition to having a 15.7-inch screen, passengers are given an electronic tablet that allows them to maximize onboard entertainment or read, online, more comfortably a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- The menus are designed by French chef Christophe Langrée, consisting of a four-course meal shortly after takeoff, and a light snack of three snacks shortly before landing.
- The meals are accompanied by first class wines and champagnes such as the Piper Heidsieck brand.
The detail that is striking is that La Compagnie flights are offered from less than 1,200 euros roundtrip, practically the cost of an economy class ticket between North America and Europe.
In this way La Compagnie joins the battle of the Atlantic: the competition to fly in business class that is increasing with the arrival of the new executive categories in British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Air France, companies that are renewing their A350 aircraft -900