When you use any of our GOPAY products, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
Last Modified: 7/15/2021
Effective Date: 8/09/2021
This privacy statement describes how GOPAY collects and uses the personal information you provide on the domain umbrella of
- our mobile sites and mobile applications, and any other application or access point we make available to you (collectively, our “Web Properties”). It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
It specifically applies to:
- Clients: Airline companies, private operators and pilots that use GOPAY to manage their aviation o nautical related services.
- Operators: users who provide aviation or nautical related services (landing fees, passenger fees, fuel, handling, overflight services, or others related to aviation or nautical facilities and authorities worldwide.
- Reviewers: users that are designated by clients to approve the settlement of pending invoices or services posted by operators.
- Staff: users that have limited access to information for technical and client support.
This policy also applies to those who provide information to GOPAY in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information GOPAY otherwise receives in connection with its services. All those subject to this policy is referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
What information do we collect?
When you use GOPAY products, we may collect your data in the following ways:
- Information that you provide to GOPAY, such as when you create your account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as airport location, passengers per flight, etc.
- Information from other sources, such as GOPAY partners and third parties that use GOPAY APIs to send information necessary to provide assistance to you.
- We collect certain personal information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect the following personal information from you:
- User information such as: your first and last name, contact information, date of birth, email address, passport information and expiration date or other personal identification document.
- Company information: articles of incorporation, tax identification number.
- Equipment and flight information such as Airplane Tail number, operating company, passenger information, flight route and other aviation related information.
- Payment information such as credit card details and financial information that may be necessary to facilitate the payment of airport services.
- Photographs or scanned documents (Company documents, personal ID documents)
- Additional Contact Information about the customer that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. Fixed Based Operators, Airport facilities, and other aviation service providers).
How We Use Your Information
GOPAY collects and uses information to enable an efficient platform that connects airports or ports and clients for aviation or nautical and aviation related services. Specifically, we use the information we collect from you to:
- Facilitate the transactions per your requests (paying for port or airport services, over flight permits, parking, fuel, flight plans, and other aviation or nautical related services).
- Assist you through our Apps and send emails and notifications when documents or records are about to expire.
- Provide you with offers, aviation products and other information that may be in your interest.
- Compile statistics and conduct analysis about your use of our products in order to provide a better service.
- Administer your account.
- Fulfill your order for our services.
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you a better service.
- Monitor and analyze activity on our Web Properties for security purposes.
- Provide, maintain and operate our services.
- Send you administrative messages, invoices, order confirmations, security alerts, support messages, technical notices, and updates.
- Investigate and respond to illegal activities or fraudulent transactions and/or fraudulent usage of our Web Properties.
- Respond to customer service requests and provide support.
- Respond to your comments, concerns and questions.
- Send you requested information and for other purposes which we have notified you about.
We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services.
- For customer support.
- For research and development, to improve our connection and respond times (better performance). Also, to make our products more intuitive.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
GOPAY does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
GDPR for EU individuals
In accordance with applicable law on data protection and, more specifically (but not limited thereto), General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (hereinafter, the “GDPR”), the identifying information for our company’s Data Controller is as follows:
- Data Controller: GOPAY NAUTICALS S.L
- CIF: B88410576
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Calle José Ortega y Gasset 25 planta baja Oficina 13, Madrid, 28001
- Telephone: +34 696 32 04 48
How can you exercise your rights and what rights do you have?
In accordance with current data protection law, you are entitled to the following rights:
Right to access: Users have the right to request, at any time, that GOPAY tells them what personal information belonging thereto is currently stored in the GOPAY database. In this way, Users can then proceed to modify said information, update it, or delete it.
Right to rectify: Users have the right to request rectification of their personal data held by GOPAY if said personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. In the event that a user’s data is shared with a third party, and depending upon the user’s request, we will share the request to rectify the data with said third party – unless this requires a disproportionate amount of effort.
Right to cancel or delete data: Users have the right to request that their personal data be deleted from our database. In this situation, the user must be conscious of the fact that the deletion of his/her personal data brings about the closing of his/her account on the GOPAY platform and, as a result, he/she will not be able to benefit from all of the services and advantages that an account with us entails. Remember that once an account is closed, you will no longer be able to log in or access your personal information. Having said that, you can open a new account at any time.
Right to restrict processing: This right allows Users to oppose the processing of their personal data if we undertake said processing for one of the four reasons listed below: i) as a result of our legitimate interests; ii) as a result of an authorization for us to carry out a task that is in the public interest and/or to exercise official authority; iii) as a result of an interest in sending direct marketing materials; and iv) for scientific, historical, research, or statistical purposes.
Right to withdraw consent: Users, after having given us their express consent to process their data for a series of specific purposes, may oppose the processing of their data for a series of purposes (for example: marketing, profiling, data transfer to a specific third party, etc.). In this case, the user may withdraw their consent at any time so that GOPAY stops processing said data for the purposes indicated by the user.
Right to limit consent: In certain situations, Users have the right to ask us to limit the processing of their personal data, which means that we can only continue to store said data and we cannot undertake any other processing activity until: i) one of the circumstances set forth below is resolved; ii) consent is granted; or iii) further processing is needed – whether for formulation, exercise, or defense in legal proceedings, in order to protect the rights of another natural person, or for important reasons of public interest relating with the European Union or a certain Member State.
Users have the right to limit their consent to processing under the following circumstances:
- If the accuracy of the personal data being processed by GOPAY is subject to doubt.
- If the user opposes the processing of his/her data for our legitimate interests.
- If the processing of the data is unlawful.
- If the user feels that we no longer need to continue to process his/her data.
Right to data portability: Users have the right to request data portability to another data controller. In this case, the member will be provided with a digital dossier of all the data held by GOPAY so that said data can be transferred to the new data controller.
If you have any questions regarding your rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will respond accordingly within 30 days. You can also call us to make a request or exercise any of these rights to +34 696 32 04 48.
What are our legal grounds for personal data processing?
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, GOPAY processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request: GOPAY must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your aviation services, orders and accounts; and to enable you to make payments for such services.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of GOPAY’s services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance GOPAY’s services.
- Collection and use of this information are a requirement for using GOPAY’s apps.
- The processing is necessary for GOPAY’s legitimate interests: GOPAY collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of GOPAY’s apps.
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, GOPAY uses user profile and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud GOPAY or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
GOPAY may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. As stated in section above, you may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
GOPAY relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you
Who do we share your information with?
We may collect and transmit only and exclusively necessary information to a third-party partner for the provision of the Services. This type of information is sent complying with the GDPR.
We do not sell any of your personal information to third parties or allow third parties to use it for their marketing purposes. GOPAY us third-party intermediaries to manage payment processing. These intermediaries are solely links in the distribution chain, and are not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided except for purposes of payment processing.
We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. For example, we may use third party data centers to host our Web Properties or to store documents uploaded to our application. We obtain appropriate contractual and technical protections to limit these service providers’ use and disclosure of your personal information.
We release personal information if we believe we must do so to comply with the law, to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, to enforce our User Agreement (or other subscription agreement you entered into with us, if any), or to protect the rights and safety of GOPAY, our customers, our individual users and the general public.
If GOPAY is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership that affects your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- user input cookies, for the duration of a session
- authentication cookies, for the duration of a session
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Session cookies – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website while you have an active session. These could include what language you prefer. Only first-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We will retain your personal information that you provide to us for as long as needed to provide you services or as described in our User Agreement (or other subscription agreement you entered into with us, if any). We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Websites
Our Web Properties include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of GOPAY. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS). We make every reasonable effort to protect your personal information, but no company, including GOPAY, can guarantee the absolute security of Internet communications. If you have any questions, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choice/Opt-Out for Communications from Us
Customers can opt out of being contacted by us by following the opt-out instructions located in the e-mails we may send you, by changing your privacy settings in the Service, or by contacting us at any time.
The users understand that testimonials showing information such as name, logo and business relationship may be used in connection with the advertising and promotion of GOPAY products. The users authorize GOPAY to use its name, logo, company description and statements made during the course of its relationship to promote the service on its website or publications. The users hereby authorize GO PAY to copy, display, publish or distribute the Testimony for the purpose of publicizing GOPAY’s services or for any other legal purpose. These statements and identifying information may be used in print publications, multimedia presentations, websites or any other means of distribution. The users agree that they will not make any monetary or other claims against GOPAY for the use of the testimony. The users release GOPAY from all claims and causes of action that the users, their heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other person acting on behalf of the users have or may have because of this authorization.
- The users shall have at all times the right to access, rectification, deletion, or partial deletion of the content of the testimonials. Likewise, you can revoke or limit your consent to them at any time.
- The address to which the users can exercise your rights is set out in the section: GDPR for EU individuals.
Updates and Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it using the Account Administration settings, contacting an administrator of your organization’s GOPAY Account, by emailing email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 5 days.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Web Properties prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Questions regarding our Policy or the practices concerning our Web Properties should be directed firstname.lastname@example.org as a security question.
This document was last updated on 7/15/2021.