Taking a plane has become a favorite way to travel, however, it is the first time for some of you and first times could be scary. Unlike other means of transport, flights usually involve many waiting hours, scales and revisions that put on test our nerves. In this article we will provide you with a guide so you can enjoy the adventure of going through the airport without major complications.
- Punctuality: It is recommended that you arrive at least three hours in advance (if it is an international flight). It may happen that the flight is canceled, delayed or another inconvenience and because you are not present, you lose that information. Finally, it is better to prevent.
- Check-In: It is where you present your passport at the counter of the airline where you purchased the ticket. The airline representative will ask you which seat you want (corridor or window), weigh your luggage and dispatch it, also give your ticket so that you can collect your luggage once you arrive. You must take care of it!.
- Web Check-in: This service is offered by the most developed airlines. When you do web check-in, if you travel only with hand luggage you can proceed to migration. To do this, print your boarding pass at home or make sure you have received an electronic boarding pass on your mobile device.
- Baggage: The first thing is to check with the airline with which you bought the ticket how many pieces of luggage you can take, in some cases it is one, in others there are two. The weight of each one can vary (15 lbs. for hand luggage, 45 or 50 lbs. For checked baggage). The other important fact is to confirm the dimensions of hand luggage, there is usually a tester near the counter of the airline.
- Migration: This is where the exit from the country is processed. Again, you will present your passport and boarding pass, which will be stamped and officially “you will not be in any country as of that moment”. Then comes the review of hand luggage, many are confused with customs, but this process only consists of looking for prohibited items before boarding the plane, such as weapons, liquids, etc. You should be careful carrying things such as coins, belts, or any metal element, if so, you should place it in a container on a conveyor belt to be analyzed by X-rays.
- Boarding Room: This area is considered a free zone, that is, nothing you buy there will pay tax. When the departure time approaches, it is advisable to be near the door that indicates your boarding pass, since that is where the plane will board.
- On the plane: While it is time to take off, it is recommended to pay attention to the instructions of the purser, who together with the pilots are the authority within the plane.
As a last recommendation and that will surely make your experience more pleasant, wear comfortable clothes, remember that it will be several hours between the procedures of the airport and arrival.
Now you are ready so, buckle up and have a very happy trip.